This is a last-minute strategies to weather election day and protect your vote. It includes election protection phone numbers, day-before advice, what to bring on election day and ways to pass the time in line.
BEFORE YOU GO TO VOTE
* Confirm polling location: not always same as primary / caucus location.
* Print out voting rights: know phone numbers, rules, etc.
* Save election protection numbers in your cell: 866-OUR-VOTE / 866-687-8683 & espanol 888-VE-Y-VOTA / 888-839-8682
* Check weather.
* Note nearby public bathrooms.
VOTING DAY PACKING LIST
* No political, campaign clothing.
* I.D. just in case.
(for yourself or others)...
* Bottled water, snacks.
* Umbrella / trash: bags in case of rain.
* Sweater / jacket: in case of cold or to cover campaign clothing.
* Folding chairs: for the tired, the injured, the elderly.
* Camera: to document fraud or simply history. Share with Video The Vote or YouTube's Video Your Vote project.
VOTING DAY ACTIVITIES
* Play six degrees of kevin bacon.
* Remember favorite campaign moments.
* Sing civil rights songs.
* Meet your neighbors!
* Voting with provisional ballot is better than not voting at all.